Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Maternity Easter Dress

My lovely sister-in-law is expecting her first in June.  And she's been wanting maternity dresses.  So, when I started my blog, she talked me into making her Easter dress...because then I could show the world that I can sew maternity clothes.  Well, actually, she didn't have to do a lot of talking.  When it comes to anything sewing, it's not real hard to convince me...

She chose Simplicity 2647 - a dress that I have long adored and that seemed like it would work for a pregnant woman as well as a non-pregnant woman.  We went with view F and she had a soft, lilac jersey knit for the dress.  I happened to be down at their house (they live two hours south of me) two weekends in a row, so I made her dress during those two visits.  (Don't worry!  We did other things, too; we didn't just sew!)

This weekend she wore the dress and she texted me to tell me how comfortable it was.  And my brother took pictures of her and sent them to me...




Isn't she beautifully radiant?

Because of the way this dress is made, it was very easy to make it maternity.  I simply added some inches in the skirt width and in the bodice width.  That was all.  Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment