Monday, April 18, 2011

Memory Dress...Easter Dress...Birthday Dress...

Nearly five years ago, I served as a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding.  That's me, on the far left.  I made the dress for the wedding, but never wore it again.  Originally, I planned to make it into another pattern, but that never happened.

Two years ago, my cousin and his wife had the most adorable little girl, Rosa.  She was born one day before my birthday.  Recently, I found the dress again and had one of those "a-ha" moments: I could make the dress into something for Rosa's birthday! 

I used Simplicity 8540 (which is out of print), a simple toddler's dress.  However, I added the belt from Simplicity 2828.  I used some sheer scraps to make the belt and overlay the sleeves and some satin scraps to make the collar.
I take it to her tomorrow...maybe I can get some pictures of her modeling it and update this post with them in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment