Thursday, April 21, 2011

For My Niece...

Tuesday was the baby shower for my sister-in-law and my niece-to-be.  So I can finally post the pictures of the project I have been working on for several weeks...yay!

I started out with three inglorious piles...


Those were the three colors for the quilt.  Now, there is a story behind the fabrics.  First off, I found a pattern for a baby quilt years ago that required both satin and calico fabrics.  The result was absolutely stunning and sweet.  I had decided to use this pattern for my little niece.  Then, when I went to dig in my scraps for appropriate fabrics, I found a bunch of white satin...white satin that we used to make the dress for the flower girl's dress in my brother and sister-in-law's wedding.  Then I found the pink satin-like fabric we used for our bridesmaid dresses.  Ta-da!

I pieced the top - the pattern required making nine-patch blocks in random patterns - and then sent it off to the quilters.  I put the binding on late Monday night...



...yes, the binding is pieced, too.  I love piecing!

And here is my beautiful sister-in-law with the finished product.  I love it, she loves it, don't you love it, too?


No comments:

Post a Comment