Monday, March 14, 2011

Easter Dresses: Part One

Right now, I am making Easter dresses for my friend's four daughters.  Today, I finally finished the first one.  I say "finally" not because it took me so long to make the dress, but because so much else has been going on in my life that it detained me from completing the dress much sooner.

I took three bags of patterns and fabrics to my friend's house one day, and after much debating among Mom and the three oldest daughters, this is what we came up with:


The blue and pink floral is actually two dresses that look like new.  I remembered to take a "before" picture of one of them.



Two weeks ago, I finally cut out the youngest girl's dress.  She is about two-years-old, and we had chosen a dress with pinafore pattern.  I finished them both today.



I made the dress so it can be worn separately and the pinafore so it can be worn as a sundress.


 One down...three to go... 
Keep checking back for the rest of the dresses...and a photo shoot at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment