Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Gift for Spring

Two weeks ago, I was going to visit a girlhood friend.  We hadn't seen each other since her wedding and I knew she had had a little girl recently, so I wanted to take a baby gift.  I only had a few days, so I went digging through the stash for something quick and easy - and hunting through my mind for an idea that I would already have all the supplies for.

I found a piece of purple gingham that had white teddy bears and white bows scattered all over it.  There was about a yard and a half of it - the perfect amount to make a lightweight spring/summer blanket.

I cut the fabric in a sqaure, serged the edges, and then hemmed it.  Hmmm, it still needed something else - the perfect touch to make it look unique and take away the plain, simple look that was haunting it as it was.

Digging through my trims, I found quite a bit of 1/8" wide white satin ribbon.  I zig-zagged this on the hem, leaving about 8" of the ribbon at each corner and stopping the zig-zag about 3" before I got to the corner.  I repeated this on all four sides.  Once I was done, I tied a bow at each corner and tacked it down.


The whole project took me only an hour or two...and my friend was thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment