Sunday, January 22, 2012

Summer...

In the middle of winter, my thoughts turn to summer.  Yes, I know.  I may be unusual.  I like summer.  Even hot Texas summers.  I will say that last summer was a tad hotter than I would have liked, but summer still beats winter.  Hands down.

So, this winter, I have been making beach dresses.  One for my good friend.  One for me.  One for my sister-in-law.  One for another dear friend.  And so on and so forth. 

"Beach dress" is a loose term.  It just means any dress that is summer-y.  The reason I started calling them "beach dresses" is because some of us are planning a beach trip together for this summer.  So, of course, we are going to wear our dresses.

I actually started on my one friend's dress last June.  It is a linen look white eyelet - a piece that had been sitting in the fabric stash for years.  I combined two Simplicity patterns to create the look that my friend wanted.

I had the best intentions.  I was going to complete the dress for her to wear last summer.  Somehow, these things never happen in my overcommitted life.  Finally, in November, just in time for my friend's birthday, I finished the dress.

Now, she lives in Michigan.  Michigan is cold.  Especially this time of the year.  (Just call me Captain Obvious.)  But my dear friend very creatively "layered" and changed the sash/shawl into a scarf.  Then she had her sister take pictures and sent me the pictures.  Isn't she just beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment