Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring Crazy!

When the weather was so icy, with temperatures in the single digits and teens for days on end, all I could think about was summer, spring dresses, and beaches.  I guess now I am sewing the products of those dreams!

Awhile back, I bought this fabric on sale for my sister.  She loves blue and looks fabulous in it.  I found it again last week and asked my mother for her opinion on a pattern for it.  She came up with New Look 6886.



I decided to go with look "C" and made the dress this week.


The pattern is really simple and fast.  A word of warning, though.  I ripped out those cap sleeves five times before I got them the way I wanted them to fit and look.  The way the pattern is, they are completely off your shoulders, and I didn't want them that way.  To get them the way they are now, you have to recut the armholes - cutting them in about 1"-1 1/2" and tapering them in so it doesn't make the armhole any lower.



I am going to add a blue satin sash and the dress will be ready for my sister to wear.  (Sorry, Ang, you'll have to wait till Spring Break to get this one - I'm not mailing it.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment