Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Dollar a Day Challenge: My Quest to Redo My Wardrobe for Almost Nothing

It's summer break for this school teacher, and that means I've challenged myself to all sorts of tasks to complete during the two short months when I have freedom from working 50, 60, and 70 hour weeks at school.  It means I can actually complete, just maybe, a few of the things that I dream of having spare time for during the school year.

This challenge is a very practical one.  My wardrobe has shrunk, mostly because I have worn out many pieces and have also been on a quest to rid my closet of items I don't really like or rarely wear anymore during this past year.  I have also challenged myself to consume less and create more this year, so that means I haven't been buying very many replacement items.  I do, however, have three whole storage tubs and a cardboard box full of clothing items begging to be restyled and fabric begging to be fashioned into clothing.

Maybe I should have said overflowing?

I also have multiple boards on Pinterest full of ideas for said items.

So my challenge is simple.  I have allotted myself one dollar a day to completely redo my wardrobe by using these items.  My goals are simple: to create rather than to consume and to have a new wardrobe before school begins.  Although I will not have time to create every day this summer, I will still allot the one dollar per day.  And for each day that I do create, I will post pictures detailing the reformation of the item or fabric, especially the before and after pictures!  Each blog will detail the stats, the money, used to create the item, and the amount of money I still have allotted to spend on this challenge.

While many of the items I have plans for are for my professional wardrobe, I will be starting off with some items for my summer wardrobe, simply because there is a big family beach trip just around the corner for which I need a few more items.

Day 1 fund: $1

No comments:

Post a Comment