Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nautically Inspired: Part Two

Well, are you ready for part two?  One of the other fabrics in my sister's stash is the one I used to trim the skirt, the trim I used to create a rope-looking effect.  She had 2 or 3 yards of this fabric and I found this cute dress pattern that I had been dying to try.

The pattern was very easy and the fabric, as a rayon mix, made fitting easy.  The neck does fit on you a little lower than it looks to be on the model on the pattern, in case you try this pattern.

My sister will tell you that when I sent her the dress and the skirt, I also sent her two pages torn from a JCP catalog and a list of ideas with ways to wear such skirt and dress. 

Personally, I think they need a pair of red peep toes and the dress would look adorable with a thin red leather belt.  Watch for the photoshoot and we'll model all sorts of ways to make these three pieces into multiple outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment