Saturday, April 16, 2011

Nautically Inspired: Part One

As I was perusing my sister's fabrics, I noticed she had a lot of navy and whites.  She just wanted to get rid of them or allow me to use them to make something for someone else.  However, my active brain did not like that idea...she needed more clothes and I would find a way to make something stylish and fitting for her.

One night, I had a brainstorm.  Why not make several nautically themed outfits out of aforesaid fabrics?  Sailor-inspired wear is in and it would be very fitting for my sister and her style.

So, the first project was to transform an old jumper in to a pleated skirt.  Yes, I forgot to take "before" pictures again, so I only have the finished product.

I used a pattern with lots of pleats in it and I added the trim.  I wanted the trim to give a sense of "rope," so I knotted it.  The trim was simply some fabric that I made into bias tape and then stitched down. 

Sorry the pictures are blurry.




Keep checking back for part two and three of this series...and for the photoshoot at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment