Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Dresses: Part Four

Since I did the dresses in ascending age order, it was now time for the oldest daughter's dress.  She did not like the blue floral print that figures largely in her sisters' dresses, so for her, I put a flower on her dress that she could remove when the photoshoot and Easter were over.

This was the hardest dress for me to create.  She had picked a pale pink cotton and wanted this pattern of McCalls.  To have the dress made in only the pink seemed too plain for me.  So, I looked at other fabrics and trims that I had, trying to get my creativity gears going.  The best I could come up with was to make the dress in the vintage style that is so popular right now.  However, the ideas would not "click" to create a picture in my mind, as it normally happens.

Finally, I found this Simplicity pattern, a tiny blue check, and a hand crocheted white trim.  I combined them with the look from the McCalls pattern and came up with this end result.




I made the flower in the same way that I made the one on this dress.  Here is the lovely herself modeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment